Thursday, November 1, 2012

Morning Masterpiece


I did not watc h the sun rise across the sheltered harbor
In the stillness of the morn in the shadow of the arbor
Nor did I stand in darkness impatient for the show
That has me rooted to this spot in its golden afterglow

The curtain had been raised by the time I took my place
An audience of one in the presence of such grace
Wintry winds caress my face as I bask in this grand event
Admiring this masterpiece brushed by the sun’s ascent

The lone tree spreads its branches in gratitude to the host
Whose rays of light stroke gently across the distant coast

And I, I watched in silence, felt my foreboding cease
For in these precious moments I found my inner peace

© pending Susan R. O’Brien

2 comments:

  1. Love it, the last line just gives me goosebumps. The picture is lovely....and one can feel the coldness of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan you have such a way with words! Nice poetry and I love the photos!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete